Friday, April 29, 2011

Deployment :(

I've been putting off updating for a few days and now Mike has been gone about sixty hours. A lot of you have talked to him on facebook since he left and will already know everything I'm going to say. But for those of you who don't use facebook that often as well my friends who read this but don't generally talk to Mike directly, I'll give you the run down of what's been going on...

Mike is in Bahrain now after stops in Spain and Sicily. He'll be going out to his ship sometime soon.  He's excited and we're excited for him to finally get to do the job he signed up for after a year and a half in the Navy. We still expect him back sometime in July and haven't heard otherwise yet. That's really all there is to tell about that now, plain and simple.

Isabel and I are going to be in Virginia Beach for a few weeks until my glasses come in, then we're driving up to New York for Alyssa's wedding and will be there hopefully for a few weeks too. Probably until around Memorial Day weekend. After that, we expect visitors to come down, so set aside a weekend everyone, no excuses ;p . Being here alone hasn't been a lot of fun, but we're trying to make the best of it.  Today we're going to Isabel's favorite playground. There isn't ever going to be a lot I can tell you about Mike's deployment, he's just going to be gone until he isn't, so I wouldn't expect a lot of updates during the next few months. At least not about that. I will keep everyone posted on any information I do happen to get and am allowed to share, as well as anything notable that goes on with Isabel.

Talk to you all....sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment